Friday, February 4, 2011

What's LOVE got to do with it?

 
So I am officially single and loving it, or so I've managed to convince myself. 
Gone are the days of wanting, yearning, needing to have a man in my life. 
 
Recently I had a revelation. I decided that in order to survive the dating game, I'm going 
to have to switch the script a bit and take on a brand new role because I don't want to be 
the one who keeps on getting the raw end of the deal. In other words I don't want to be hurt 
anymore. I can't survive going through another let down and still continue to have faith in love 
and romance. So my brand new stance is I'm not into relationships, let's keep it nice and 
casual aka no strings attached. That way there's no room left for disappointments and ultimately 
hurt, which we know we all seek so hard to avoid at all costs. 
 
I've mentally created a list of 10 commandments for dating with NO STRINGS 
ATTACHED as a part of this new "dating" modus operandi:
 
1. Thou shalt not cuddle after intimacy. 
 
2. Thou shalt not spend the night after intimacy. And if by chance both parties happen to 
fall asleep, either immediately vacate the premises upon waking in the wee hours of the 
morning or sleep on the designated side of the bed, without touching unless it is for a 
second round of great sex. There shall be absolutely no breakfast in bed or spending the 
entire day cuddling with each other.
 
3. Thou shalt remove all of one's personal belongings after visit. Toothbrushes, socks, 
underwear etc are not to be left at either party's place of residence.
 
4. Thou shalt greet each other casually if both parties do encounter each other in 
public places. There is no liming, hanging out, chilling or partying together. And 
absolutely  no public displays of affection. A simple nod of acknowledgment will suffice.
 
5. Thou shalt not kiss each other tenderly or whisper sweet nothings during intimacy. 
And by no means address each other by name. Terms such as baby, dahlin, sweetheart 
or lover will suffice. 
 
6. Thou shalt not have late night conversations on the telephone getting to know each other. 
Actually phone calls are necessary only in cases of life or death. For a no strings 
attached relationship texting, bbm, facebook and email will suffice. And even these 
should be kept to a bare minimal. 
 
7. Thou shalt discuss other persons of interest. This is also known as keeping it real
This way both parties aren't under the impression that there's any level of exclusivity in 
the relationship. 
 
8. Thou shalt not under any conditions begin developing feelings for each other. The 
 moment either party feels the onset of feelings other than sexual attraction, this party 
needs to immediately pull away from the other thus ending the relationship.
 
9. Thou shalt not make this relationship known to anyone other than the parties involved. 
This is also known as keeping it on the down low. Both parties must maintain the appearance 
of being single, free and happily disengaged.
 
10. Thou shalt not use the dreaded L word. That word does not exist in the vocabulary of a no 
strings attached relationship.
 
Since I've put this plan of action into effect, I was also given a brand new title 
"Gangstaaaaaaaaa" and I'm learning how to wear that title well. Until the man comes along 
who shows me and proves to me that he's ready for more than a no strings attached 
relationship I guess I'm a ganstaaaaaaaa for life

7 comments:

  1. I GIVE YOU 100% RESPECT FOR KEEPING IT REAL. SOME MEN AND WOMEN CLAIM THAT THEY ARE "GANGSTERS" AS YOU CALL IT, BUT LATER DOWN THE LINE THEY TEND TO CROSS ONE OF THE COMMANDENTS AND THAT MAKES THINGS DIFFICULT FOR BOTH PARTIES. NOW DON'T GIVE ME WRONG YOU CAN'T HELP WHO CATCH FEELINGS FOR BUT OUT OF RESPECT YOU NEED TO LET THE PERSON KNOW AND PULL AWAY AND LEAVE IT UP TO THEM TO EITHER PERSUE YOU OR JUST DO WHAT THEY HAVE TO DO, BUT SOME PEOPLE CANT HANDLE THAT AND HAVE A TENDENCY TO GET UPSET WITH THE OTHER PERSON CAUSE THEY DONT FEEL THE SAME WAY AS THEY DO AND TO ME THAT IS JUST UNFAIR FOR THE SIMPLE REASON NOT BECAUSE YOU FEEL A CERTAIN WAY ABOUT A PERSON THAT DOES NOT MEAN THAT THEY HAVE TO FEEL THE SAME WAY ABOUT YOU.....LIKE MY GIRL SAID BEFORE "KEEP IT GANGSTER" BUT AT THE SAME TIME HAVE SOME RESPECT FOR YOURSELF.........BLESSINGS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NO CAN DO!!!!.
    i WANNA BE LOVED, CUDDLED, LATE NIGHT TEXTING TALKING EVERYTHING...SLEEP OVER . HELL MAKE BREAKFAST AND GET BACK IN THE FREAKIN BED...LOVING ALL DAY... ARE YOU MADDDDDD...OMG THAT GANSTA LIFE IS NOT FOR ME... NEITHER IS IS FOR YOU.SO STOP PERPRETRATING A FRAUD.....HAAA

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is funny ishhhhh !! HAHAAHAH so re-posting this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOLLA GANGSTA, loves it !!! im with you on this one...if is games yuh want, then we play by MY rules !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woman,sista,friend,survivor I am so loving this 'BLOG",I so can relate as a single woman for God knows how long and doing the on and off dating shit for again God knows how long, I can certainly relate to this....We as single women need to step up and recognize REAL...WORD!!!!! Who are we fooling??honestly?.......

    we are not fooling any one but our selves,I am so loving that 10 commandments of "WHAT'S LOVE GOT TO DO WITH IT" because believe me sis I been there where you date the brother for 3 months to 6 months what ever the time span,for some reason you put in,I did the love making,cuddle after,wake up make breakfast ,all that jazz,and what did it do for me???nothing.....I think the woman who do not,get too emotional and play it hard,get the better end of the stick,the ones who don't seem to care if the brother calls them back or not,so yeah I really feeling you on this one WORD!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Honey....
    Gangstars need love too.

    So don't keep up too many walls that prevent you from finding someone or seeing that they're right in front your eyes or even scaring them away.

    However I do agree with, kicking their ass out right after sex. No bad habits here! I'm sorry, I gotta be up early in the morning, so I need my rest. Later dear, oh and by the way...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didnt understand your matter of fact way of lookin at this thing, then i saw that you were capricorn. It is crystal clear now.Congratulations on your new found clarity fellow capricorn.

    ReplyDelete